Have you been planning your new digital project, only to find you never really commit to starting?
Listen… we’ve all been there!
I have a notepad on my computer with ALL these ideas I want to begin. I even went out and purchased the domain name for these project – yet still haven’t done anything.
So don’t feel too bad. You’re not alone!
Here’s a nice simple easy-to-follow plan when starting a new digital project:
- Find the RIGHT name
This first step requires some serious consideration. This is your “brand name” something that will be connected to you for years to come. You want this to be an extension of you… so make sure you do this right the first time.
Here are some things to consider:
- Jump on Google to check if there are any names. Check to see who they are. Even if they’re not in the same niche – there can still be some confusion with your name brand.
- How easy is it going to be to misspell it? You may want to share it with friends and colleagues online. Get them to type it into their browser address bar, and get feedback if it was easy or not.
- Lastly, you want to check if there’s anything online that can negatively impact your brand name.
- Your Website
This is the step that’s challenging for most of us – the techy stuff!
But nowadays it’s become much easier.
Fact of the matter is, with a couple of clicks you can have a WordPress site up on your Hosting – it’s that easy… and most have easy to follow video tutorials.
But if the techy stuff scares you, you always have the option of outsourcing it. Place like Fiverr & UpWork is where I go.
Once it’s up online you start filling it up with some valuable content.
- Content Plan
Here’s my advice – Don’t sound too corporate!
People don’t really like speaking to a company… so right from the beginning add some ‘you’ to your content. Just be yourself.
Now there are several places on your website you can add content – your Blog, your product or services page, testimonials page, reviews page… and of course your ‘about’ page.
Although all these pages need your attention, your ‘about’ page I’d place a little more thinking to. I know when I land on a new website, I immediately head over to the ‘about’ page to get an understanding of what the website is about.
So really think hard what you put on your ‘about’ page!
You really want to define your audience, as to know to whom you are speaking to.
- What do they read?
- What are their interests?
- What are their worries?
- What are their dreams?
Describing your perfect customer will make it easier for you in coming up with interesting… engaging & persuasive content they will love. By doing this, you will engage with your audience that will build trust and authority for your brand.
- Conversion plan
What is it you want your customer to do?
Before you launch your new project, you want to make sure you clearly define what it is you want your customer to do…
- Buy your eBook
- Enrol in your course
- Join your webinar
- Schedule a phone consultation
And then identify and set up all the different paths towards that goal:
- Add CTA’s (Call To Action) – “Contact Us”… “Learn More”… “Buy Now”… etc. Depending on your service or product, there are many call-to-action triggers you can use – but make it related to your product/service.
- Lead Generation Forms – Those who like your stuff will want to hear more from you. They will happily share their information if they feel your contenting is worth it.
- Social Buttons – this encourages your customers to share and recommend your content, product or service.
- Facebook Pixel – you will be able to reach your visitors to your site through Facebook Ads who already know your brand but for one reason or another didn’t take action initially.
There are many more conversion tactics in generating more traffic, but I would go with minimum what I mentioned above, before I begin sending any traffic to my site.
Starting a new… or even your first project can be scary. I know it scared the hell outta me!
But if you’re someone who needs someone to hold your hand, walk you through the process, show you the steps you need to take daily, then you’re going to love what I have for you right now – and YES it’s totally FREE!
You see, over the years I developed a process in where anyone, no matter their background, skills, or knowledge, can successfully run a profitable online business. It’s super simple and overlooked by most people.
And I’m going to share this with you… but not only that!
I’m going to do is take you by the hand and personally coach you through the process over the next 14 days – FOR FREE – and by the end of the 14 days, you’ll have a complete system built and ready to make you money!
4 replies to "Starting A New Digital Project"