Collecting email addresses from people who visit your online space in exchange for something is what’s known as email marketing. The purpose of this strategy is to give a visitor to your website a free gift in exchange for their personal details. You can offer anything really, but it’s best to give them something of value. A video course, eBook and/or a weekly newsletter can be enough to “squeeze” an email address out of a visitor to your site.
What’s Important about marketing your business in this way is that you are given “permission” to contact these people to offer your products. Contrast this approach to what people are used to each day, which is “interruption” marketing, where you are forced to sit through advertisements without much consent from yourself.
Now, let’s take a look why email marketing is so effective in the Internet marketing industry.
- Email marketing is one of the fastest ways to leverage on the Internet. Because all you do is compose an email, customize it to suit the reader (their first name or last name), and click the broadcast button to reach thousands of people instantly!
- Email marketing is highly scalable. Unlike an ‘offline’ business where the more customers you have, the busier you are, in email marketing, it is much easier because regardless of the size of your mailing list, whether it is 100 or 10,000, all you need to do is click broadcast and everyone on the list gets notified – all for the same effort!
- Email marketing is highly targeted. One of the reasons why email marketing is highly effective at getting sales is because the recipient of the email gets a kind of ‘in your face’ promotion. You are marketing directly to the customer through their PERSONAL mailbox. Not only will you grab their attention firmly, they will tend to respond with the right buyers mindset because they are marketed to directly (unlike other advertising where the buyer might not be in the frame of mind to buy things).
- Email marketing is personal. Autoresponders allow you to customize the email in such a way that it allows you to connect with the subscriber individually. The more personalized your email, the better the result (treat it as though you are writing to your best friend).
- You can automate many tasks with your autoresponder. For every new opt-in subscriber, you can time your emails for you build a relationship with every new opt-in subscriber – what to send to them, when to send it to them and the frequency between each email.
- Email marketing acts as a good pre-sell. You might not be able to cram a sales letter into your email, but at least you can pre-sell your subscriber and lead them to your blog, sales letter or website to check out what you have to offer and set them in the right frame of mind before they evaluate what you have to offer.
Everywhere we look these days we are being interrupted with advertising and people are being programmed to tune all this B.S out. The beauty about permission marketing is that you are giving your prospect a choice as to whether they want to listen to you or not. If they like what you have to offer, then marketing to these people becomes a whole lot easier.
If you want to write emails that engage, entertain, and separate you from the other five-dozen marketers you are competing against inside your subscriber’s inbox – then click the link below to discover how to get your emails opened… read… and clicked!